The kiosks and totems are self-service stations, excellent service tools for customers, but the repeated interaction means accumulation of bacteria especially on the touchscreen displays.
Having good touchscreen cleaning habits helps keep your self-service solution safe and hygienic for both your users and employees.
Clean your devices regularly
The accumulation of bacteria occurs as long as the devices are used. It is inevitable. We therefore cannot stress enough how important it is to clean your devices regularly. The ideal would be to clean them at least before opening hours and again in the middle of the day.
How often cleaning is required depends on how the system is used. Therefore, it is good to check the condition of the screen daily.
How to clean the screen
- Turn off the device completely before you start cleaning the touchscreen.
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Use a microfiber cloth. Microfiber is the ideal fabric for cleaning any touchscreen.
- Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels or other similar items.
- Avoid rubbing the surfaces excessively so as not to damage the product.
- Only if it is really necessary, moisten the cloth with distilled water, or with water-based disinfectants with a neutral pH or with products specifically created for cleaning touchscreens, making sure that excess liquids are removed from the cloth.
- To disinfect the touchscreen, moisten the cloth with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Do not use sprays, bleaches or abrasives.
- Always moisten the cloth and then wipe the display. Therefore, be sure to spray the cleaning liquid on the cloth, and not directly on the touchscreen.
- Clean the screen by making small circular motions. This step is to remove most of the impurities.
- We recommend a full two-step cleaning of the display
- At the end, wash the cloth in warm soapy water and let it dry well before reusing it on another device.
How to clean the other external parts of the multimedia totem
During the disinfection of the multimedia totem it is recommended to use disinfectant liquids without alcohol and bleach. Alcohol is still a solvent, which means that in its essence it will dissolve what it comes in contact with.
It is therefore not recommended to use alcoholic substances for cleaning kiosks or digital signage. There are so many different variations, sizes and chemical compositions and it is impossible to predict the implications of each substance.
We recommend the use of water-based disinfectant detergents with a neutral pH that does not bleach and that are well diluted in a ratio of 1:10 such as Rodalon Indendørs.
For product inquiries, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org